Friday 7 March 2014

Day Four

Day Four. I cut out the gun mantle and gun parts. I won't be using the kit barrel, I have a special one coming in the post. This is a sub-assembly; I can't stick it together before the inner mantle  is painted, nor join it with the body of the model.

























I am having a good time with the individual track links. They have no seams really, which means they only need to be drilled, so each link takes only a minute or so instead of ten. Comes with plenty of wire to make into pins to hold them together, and presumably quite a few spare track links too. I've assembled probably a fifth of them and only found one that was malformed, not fully cast. 

 Drilling.
And then you drop the pins in and run a tiny bit of superglue into the hole.I could clean these links up to perfection but it's not needed, the burs and tiny bits of flash on the links will count as dirt by the time I've finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment